[802.3_ITSA] regarding comment #263 in P802.3cx/D2.1

P802.3cx Task Force members:

From the last meeting, the following action remained for comment #263:

·                     The resolution of comment 263 was deferred to the next meeting”.

For reference, the comment’s suggested remedy is given below:

Change

      • "The path data delay of a TimeSync message is only affected when the message coincides with an alignment marker, codeword marker, or Idle insertion/removal event."

      • "The path data delay is only affected when the data delay measurement point coincides with an alignment marker, codeword marker, or Idle insertion/removal event."

The suggested remedy looks very reasonable.  However, I think we could reformat the statement to make it more concise, yet more flexible.

      • "The path data delay of a packet might be affected when its data delay measurement point occurs soon after an alignment marker, codeword marker, or Idle insertion/removal event."

Regards,

Richard Tse

Sr Technical Staff Engineer – Architect

Microchip Technology