[802.3_NGAUTO] March 2017 NGAUTO Meeting

Colleagues,

The Multi-Gig Automotive Ethernet PHY Study Group will meet at the March 802
Plenary in Vancouver, BC. Our goal is to progress approval of objectives,
CSD and NesCom submittal of our PAR. The PAR and CSD were pre-submitted to
the 802 Executive Committee in early February.

Next week:

Monday: IEEE 802.3  WG opening plenary 10AM to noon.
Monday afternoon: Joint session with P802.3cg 10 SPE to discuss possible
common work and gain a sense of the overlap in participation between the
groups.
Tuesday: Comments on our PAR and CSD by other 802 WG are due to us by 6PM.
No SG meeting. I will draft proposed responses to comments for discussion by
the SG on Wednesday morning.
Wednesday: Respond to comments from other 802 WG by 6PM. Hear additional
presentations on objectives.
Thursday: Joint session with P802.3cg in the morning. The IEEE 802.3 WG
closing plenary starts at 1PM and will run until the agenda is exhausted.
Our SG will present near the end of the meeting and will ask the WG to
approve our PAR, CSD and objectives. It is extremely important that SG
members be present, in case the WG has questions.

This is a plenary meeting and attendance must be recorded for 3 of the 4
days (Monday-Thursday) in order to gain attendance credit. Attendance credit
for Thursday is only given for the afternoon IEEE 802.3 WG closing plenary.

For those of you who plan on presenting in Vancouver, if you have not
already sent me your PDF, please do so by 17h00 Friday, March 10.
Presentations should speak to possible objectives.

Please ensure that your presentation follows the guidelines in
http://ieee802.org/3/NGAUTO/public/presentproc.html. If you plan on
presenting anything on relative costs, please make sure you follow the
guidelines in http://standards.ieee.org/develop/policies/antitrust.pdf and
http://ieee802.org/3/100GNGOPTX/public/may12/lindsay_01_0512_optx.pdf

If you update your presentation after Friday evening, it will likely not get
posted until the meeting. You will be able to present your most up-to-date
copy at the meeting.

I look forward to seeing you next week and wish you safe travels!

Regards,

Steve

Steven B. Carlson
Chair, Multi-Gig Automotive Ethernet PHY Study Group
Executive Secretary, IEEE 802.3 Ethernet Working Group
http://www.ieee802.org/3/index.html
President
High Speed Design, Inc.
Portland, OR