From: Geoff Thompson [mailto:thompson@xxxxxxxx]
Sent: 24 July 2016 12:06
To: Peter Jones (petejone) <petejone@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Geoff Thompson <thompson@xxxxxxxx>; George Zimmerman <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; STDS-802-3-NGBASET@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; Law, David <dlaw@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [802.3_NGBASET] IEEE P802.3bz 2.5G/5GBASE-T Sponsor ballot recirculation results, website updates, and meeting time

Folks-

I am going to revise my "sage advice"
Given that the project was "within the scope" of the PAR...
I.e. it did 2.5 and 5 GBASE-T but it did not do any other media such as backplane, fiber or twinax.

...it could pass through RevCom painlessly if changed the draft title to match the PAR title.
But, upon further reflection, that would seem like a bad idea since there is no mention of the media at all in the title and the project is in fact a BASE-T project not and across the board all media project.

Therefore my current reccomendation is that we do the PAR modification to change the PAR title and go with:

	"Standard for Ethernet Amendment:
	 Media Access Control Parameters, Physical Layers and Management Parameters
	 for 2.5 Gb/s and 5 Gb/s Operation,
	 Types 2.5GBASE-T and 5GBASE-T"

In this way directory, catalog entries and the next revision front matter project history will be fully descriptive.

Changing the PAR is a little more work but I do think everything should still slide through without any problems;
however, I would defer to Mr Law's opinion on this.

Best regards,

	Geoff Thompson