[802.3_OMEGA] Upcoming OMEGA teleconferences

Colleagues:

I’ve scheduled two teleconferences.  These calls are on the 802.3 calendar (http://www.ieee802.org/3/calendar.html):

12 May 2020 — Study Group ad hoc call (2 hours).  Please let me know if you have anything you want to present.  (If requesting time to present, please review the procedure for presenters at: http://www.ieee802.org/3/OMEGA/public/presentproc.html.  Deadlines are not being enforced and priority for this call will be first come, first served.)  The meeting will be cancelled if there is no presentation to consider.

15 May 2020 — Study Group virtual meeting (1 hour).  This meeting is scheduled to consider any comments received on our proposed PAR and CSD.  It is scheduled as a SG meeting because comments may require us to modify and approve changes to these documents.  The deadline for these comments is 1 hour before the start of the call, but the hope is that comments from other groups will come in early, I will send comments received to the reflector when available.  If there is anything else requiring SG action and time allows, it can be added to the agenda.

Our WG Chair Mr. David Law has provided a summary of how our and other PARs proposed for the March meeting will be progressed (http://www.ieee802.org/3/email_dialog/msg01042.html).  I encourage those of you that are 802.3 voters to support advancement of our PAR during the 802.3 virtual meeting on 21 May.  We will need to get 802.3 approval for our (possibly modified) PAR and CSD documents, as well as getting approval of our objectives adopted at our recent SG virtual meeting.

Best wishes to all of you during these challenging times!

Robert M. (Bob) Grow
Chair, IEEE 802.3 Multi Gigabit Automotive Optical PHYs Study Group