[802.3_OMEGA] IEEE 803.2 plenary, 9 November 2020 -- Reminder

Colleagues,

This is a reminder of the IEEE 802.3 opening plenary teleconference on Monday, 9 November.  Call information is on the 802.3 Calendar, https://www.ieee802.org/3/calendar.html.  Attendance at 802.3 meetings is an important part of gaining or retaining voting membership.

To become an 802.3 voting member, you need to request to become a voting member during that agenda item during an 802.3 meeting.  I note a number of familiar names on the potential voter list (https://ieee802.org/3/minutes/nov20/1120_potential.pdf).  If you are on that list, you have extra reason to be on the 802.3 teleconference Monday.

I expect we will be voting on adopting baseline proposals during our series of P802.3cz teleconferences during this upcoming 802.3 plenary session.  Because we are doing this via teleconferences, you will have to be an 802.3 voter to vote on adoption of baseline proposals.

I look forward to seeing you as a participant in the upcoming IEEE 802.3 WG and P802.3cz TF teleconferences beginning next week.

Best regards,

Robert M. (Bob) Grow
Chair, P802.3cz Multi-Gigabit Optical Automotive Ethernet Task Force