Re: [802.3_OMEGA] D1.0 comment #52

Rubén,

My proposed text is intended to be a high level overview — basically only describing the structure of a Transmit Block.  I intentionally didn’t include much detail on how the parts of the Transmit Block are built.  When I wrote my proposed text, I went to each referenced subclause and immediately found duplicate text (compared to the D1.0 Overview) of how that part of a Transmit Block was created with appropriate shall statements for conformance.  I proposed deleting that detail from the D1.0 overview text.

You go back to the style of lots of detail in your proposed PHD text.  To me, the important thing for an overview is to make the point that the PHD is sent in multiple Transmit Blocks.  That point is included in your proposed text, but can get lost in the detail you provide about the RS-FEC.

This is a matter of style though and I am happy to go either way the TF chooses.

—Bob