[802.3_OMEGA] 14 Dec 2021 Interim TF teleconference

Colleagues,

We have a couple presentations for our 14 Dec Interim TF teleconference and the straw polls related to the PAR split discussion on our 30 Nov teleconference.  Motions will be in order for the 14 Dec teleconference.

I also would like to get a start on meeting planning for January and beyond.  Thus far, I have nothing scheduled past the January interim virtual session.  Please note that the March plenary will now be virtual only and has been expanded to two weeks.  The first week of the March plenary conflicts with OFC 2022.  Please give some thought to if this will present a conflict for the first week of the March plenary and either provide that input directly to me or during our 14 Dec 2021 teleconference.

Also, please note that the 802.3 voter list was updated 13 Dec 2021, and that updated voter list will be used for any motions not adopted by unanimous consent.  This updated voter list enforces the rule that voting membership also requires responding to WG ballots.  The update has happened because both P802.3 (802.3dc) and P802.3ck have advanced to SA ballot, changing the set of projects that compose the last three WG ballot series.  You should have received an email with Direct vote live information if you are a current WG voting member.

All attendees on the call will be allowed to participate in straw polls.

To simplify things, please review the required slides on patents, copyright policy and participation:  https://ieee802.org/3/WG_tools/templates/policies_slides.pdf.

Also, please remember that Participants shall declare their employer and any other affiliation.  With WebEx, this information can be added to your first and last name as your participant identification before joining the teleconference.

As usual, teleconference information is accessible on the 802.3 Call and Meeting calendar:  https://ieee802.org/3/calendar.html.

Robert M. (Bob) Grow
Chair, P802.3cz Multi-Gigabit Optical Automotive Ethernet (OMEGA) Task Force