[802.3_OMEGA] P802.3cz 15 Feb 2022 teleconference

Colleagues,

As of this writing we are a little more than 17 hours from the start of the first teleconference of our 15 and 22 February interim P802.3cz meeting.  I look forward to speaking with you soon.

In preparation for the teleconference, please review:

1.  The consolidated set of slides on Patent, Copyright, and Participation:  https://www.ieee802.org/3/WG_tools/templates/policies_slides.pdf

2.  The 8 February technical presentations.

Time pressure on our 8 February interim teleconference had me cutting of Mr. Perez-Aranda.  I will propose (after required business) we take some time for discussion that didn’t occur last week because of the time pressure.  (That is why I request #2 above.)  Let me add my thanks to the thank you of Mr. Perez-Aranda for comments provided directly on to him on those 8 February presentations, which resulted in improvements and updates now posted.

An additional presentation is also queued up for presentation time but because of my less than perfect communications, is yet to be posted.  (But it should be posted prior to the meeting.)   I have been notified of possible motions related to Mr. Perez-Aranda’s presentations and Watanabe-san’s and Mr. Torres presentation.  Because of this I would suggest that motions be delayed until after these three presentation items.  This might result in Mr. Abbot’s presentation being delayed until the 22nd or later based on what happens during the first teleconference of our 15, 22 February interim meeting.  The meeting Agenda will be set by the TF at the beginning of the teleconference.

I’m excited by the work that has been going on to once again get multi-gigabit optical automotive Ethernet moving forward.

Robert M. (Bob) Grow
Chair, P802.3cz Multi-Gigabit Optical Automotive Ethernet (OMEGA) Task Force