[802.3_SPEP2P] SPE P2P status and study group next meeting

All-

With the submission of the 802.3de PAR, we are waiting for the SASB to approve the new project for the near-term to proceed.

I have queried when the formal project approval comes in (likely September), but ask those proposing text to contact me privately.  We will be looking to get a draft together quickly, ands proceed to review and balloting very quickly, with what is expected to be small changes to text.

Nevertheless, we still have a study group (new or old) to progress the longer term, ‘greater than 10 Mbps long reach point to point single pair ethernet and associated powering’ project documentation.

August is usually a slow month, but I find myself with an unavoidable conflict the week of aug 18.  Because we double up with .3da, that means our next meeting on a normal cycle will not be until Sept 1, 7-9am pacific time. I have put that on the 802.3 calendar.

George Zimmerman, Ph.D.

President & Principal

CME Consulting, Inc.

george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx