[802.3_SPEP2P] [GT10MSPE] Approval of 802.3dg PAR

All – I am pleased to announce that the proposed IEEE P802.3dg PAR has been approved by the IEEE-SA standards board, and the CSDs have been approved by the IEEE 802 LMSC.

Thank you all for your hard work in this study group.  With the approval of the PAR, I believe the work of the study group’s charter is complete.  The next step will be the first meeting of the IEEE P802.3dg Task Force, which I expect the first formal meeting will be at the May IEEE 802.3 interim.

I expect we will be using the same reflector, please keep an eye out for meeting information and other information about the new project.

George Zimmerman, Ph.D.

Chair, IEEE 802.3 Greater than 10 Mb/s Long Reach Single-Pair Ethernet Study Group

President & Principal

CME Consulting, Inc.

george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

310-920-3860