[802.3_SPEP2P] 802.3dg - presentation requests?

All – at the moment, I only know of one presentation request (Steffen Graber) for our meeting in Berlin.  One week from our meeting is the deadline for requests – that is Tuesday, July 4.  Since that is a US holiday, I will extend to Wednesday July 5 – but no further.

It doesn’t take much to send me an email with a title and a guess on the time – and it will help me get the agenda done.  Take a moment and drop me a note if you think you will be able to make a presentation.

The presentation itself is due FRIDAY July 7.  I’m traveling early Saturday morning US time, so please be considerate and don’t try to take advantage of the fact that Friday July 7 AoE ends at 5am pacific.  If you send me a draft suitable for posting, you can update on Monday.

On our work plan we need to settle and move beyond our basic link segment discussions and begin detailed discussions on phy and any other parameters – even if only preliminary – and hopefully from those who are likely to implement the standard.   In my experience, Phy discussions without contributions from those planning to implement don’t lead to good standards.  I would caution that a number of the discussions  of interference shielding requirements (such as coupling attenuation) are much more useful when we have the basics of the PCS, PMA, FEC, and any other interference mitigation strategies understood.

We also need to set a new timeline.  The response to this call for presentations will be important in setting the tone for our new timeline…

-george

George Zimmerman, Ph.D.

President & Principal

CME Consulting, Inc.