[802.3_SPEP2P] FW: [STDS-802-3] September 2023 IEEE 802.3 Working Group interim meeting announcement - REGISTRATION REQUIRED

All – please note that although there isn’t a meeting fee, there is a requirement for registration and to indicate whether you will be in-person or remote.  This is necessary to help our host plan for the meeting, and should be done before 25 August.

From: Law, David <dlaw@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, July 26, 2023 7:49 AM
To: STDS-802-3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [STDS-802-3] September 2023 IEEE 802.3 Working Group interim meeting announcement - REGISTRATION REQUIRED

Dear Colleagues,

This is the announcement that the IEEE 802.3 Working Group will hold an interim meeting from 18h15 to 19h00 BRT (UTC -3) on Thursday 14 September 2023, at Bosch Training Centre, Bosch Campinas, Av. Robert Bosch, s/n - Km 98 - Vila Anhanguera, Campinas, 13065-900, Brazil, during the IEEE 802.3 September 2023 interim meeting series. As with all meetings held during the September 2023 interim meeting series, the IEEE 802.3 Working Group interim meeting will be held in person, with provision for remote attendance provided on a best-effort basis. Please find the call information below, I will send a meeting invitation shortly. While there is NO MEETING FEE, registration is still REQUIRED BY ANYONE THAT ATTENDS ANY MEETING during the IEEE 802.3 September 2023 interim meeting series including this IEEE 802.3 Working Group interim meeting for planning purposes. Registration information can be found at <https://forms.gle/LFH46XgbsNnRniEz9>. The registration deadline is FRIDAY 25 AUGUST 2023 and failure to register by the deadline could result in delays accessing the meeting venue and the provision of WiFi access at the meeting venue.

By holding an IEEE 802.3 interim meeting series, which is a series of individual IEEE 802.3 Working Group and IEEE 802.3 Working Group subgroup interim meetings, I can grant attendance credit based on attendance at those individual interims as described in the IEEE 802.3 rules. The IEEE 802 Working Group P&P say, however, that 'Membership may be declared at the discretion of the Working Group Chair (e.g., for contributors by correspondence or other significant contributions to the Working Group).'. As a result, to simplify attendance recording, as we have always done for IEEE 802.3 interim meeting series in the past, I'll grant meeting credit to any individual that attends a meeting on two of the four meeting days of the May 2023 IEEE 802.3 interim series.

We will gather two records of attendance: [1] the attendance tracking tool (IMAT); and [2] attendance books in each face-to-face meeting along with the teleconference tool attendance. The IMAT attendance tool will be the only official record of attendance for building and maintaining WG membership. PLEASE MAKE SURE TO LOG YOUR ATTENDANCE IN THE IMAT ATTENDANCE TRACKING TOOL. There is no requirement for the IEEE 802.3 Recording Secretary or any other IEEE 802.3 officer to add your attendance to the IMAT attendance tracking tool if you forget to register it during a meeting. The meeting attendance books along with the teleconference tool attendance will be used to record the attendance in the minutes for each meeting and you must review the respective minutes to make sure your attendance in each meeting is recorded correctly.

I look forward to seeing you in Campinas, Brazil.

Best regards,

  David Law

  Chair, IEEE 802.3 Working Group

IEEE 802.3 Interim meeting call information