[802.3_SPEP2P] Website update - minutes - meeting recap - reminder about registration

All – thank you for a good meeting today.  Interesting how much discussion one, good, detailed contribution can gather!

The website has been updated with the minutes and the (minor edited) agenda as used.

As mentioned, we really do need to get going on our selecting our PHY baselines, but we also want to make sure we are focused in the right direction.  Today’s discussion brought up a number of issues that intertwine:

  • Latency and block coding (both PCS encoding & FEC – even with the decode turned off)
  • FEC, PCS encoding and intrinsic safety concerns
  • Market segments served and distinct identity

While the thoughts are fresh, please think about contributions for our interim next week.  We are meeting on Thursday January 25 (in-person with remote access).

As I will be traveling and doing two meetings at once, PLEASE meet the contribution deadlines.  It will make it much easier…

Presentation requests are due MONDAY (AoE) (1/15) prior to the meeting week, and presentations are due on THURSDAY (AoE) preceding the meeting (1/19). (so for those of you west of the Pacific Ocean, it will give you at least until Tuesday or Friday, at least in the early morning….)

Speaking of the interim, if you haven’t registered, remember to do so today (1/10) as the fee goes up tomorrow.

Also, same thing for the plenary in March – fee goes up after January 12.

-george

George Zimmerman, Ph.D.

President & Principal

CME Consulting, Inc.