From: Chad Jones (cmjones) <00000b60b3f54e8d-dmarc-request@xxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, October 16, 2019 12:57 PM
To: STDS-802-3-SPMD@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [802.3_SPMD] Use Case adhoc and participation

All, at the request of the use case and product docs adhoc chair, I have created a ‘Usecase Library’ area on the SPMD site. You can find the hyperlink right below the ‘Public area’ hyperlink. This site will hold the most current version of aggregate use case file that Peter is compiling. It also hosts the template that one would use to submit a use case.

At present, there are only four use cases represented in the library. Recall the timeline SWAG that Peter showed in Indianapolis, it showed holding a first Task Force meeting in May of 2020. This date was derived with the assumption that we close out the use cases at the Nov 2019 SG meeting. That meeting is just under four weeks away. It is my intention to stick to this schedule.

This is a call for participation in gathering use cases. There are two more adhoc meetings before the Plenary week; one Oct 23 and Nov 6. I would encourage those that want their use case considered for the proposed standard to fill out the template and submit it to Peter Jones. It becomes infinitely harder to consider a use case once we’ve drafted the Task Force documents and become a TF.

Regards,

Chad Jones

Technical Leader, Cisco Systems

Chair, IEEE P802.3cq Task Force