[802.3_SPMD] Results from 802.3 WG teleconference May 21, 2020

All, the WG teleconference went well for the SPMD SG. We did have one minor change to section 5.2.b of the PAR (Scope of the project) where we delete one word from the text that was added in the May 18, 2020 meeting: ‘multidrop mixing segment’ became ‘mixing segment’ as multidrop is redundant to precede mixing segment. An updated PAR and CSD reply report has been uploaded and is available at: http://www.ieee802.org/3/SPMD/public/may1820/SPMD_PAR_CSD_reply_052120.pdf. Otherwise, the objectives, PAR, and CSD, with the modifications from Monday, were approved by the WG.

There are still several steps before officially becoming a Task Force. First is the 802 EC meeting on May 28. I will attend to represent the SG and answer questions, if any. Then there is a NESCOM review and consideration on by the Standards Board. I wouldn’t expect any news until June 8. As soon as I know the outcome, I will share it on the reflector.

Regards,

Chad Jones

Technical Leader, Cisco Systems

Chair, IEEE P802.3cv Task Force