[802.3_SPMD] Conversion of Ad Hoc meetings to Interim meetings

Colleagues, as we discussed in the last IEEE P802.3da Ad Hoc meeting, we are converting all the Ad Hocs meetings to Interim meetings going forward. This will allow us to make decisions (in other words, motions) on baseline text submissions, allowing us to start a draft.

As a result, you should have seen an update to the two meeting series that we already had on the calendar, as we have series that run from Plenary to Plenary. We have three meetings in the series that ends on Nov 4, you should have seen one updated invite for that. The next series runs 18 Nov 2020 to 3 March 2021, and you should have seen a separate update for that. As always, meeting information can be found on the IEEE 802.3 Call and Meeting Calendar.

Since we will be able (and encouraged) to make motions around the presentations, we had to modify the presentation request guidelines slightly to allow time for participants to review the presentations before the meeting. The body of the meeting invite is below. The Cliff Notes version is request the presentation by EOD Friday prior to the meeting and submit the presentation PDF by EOD Sunday prior to the meeting so that I can get them posted first thing Monday morning.

The goal of this meeting is to hear contributions to progress the work of the 802.3da Task Force.

Please send requests for presentation time (including title, presenter, approximate time needed) at least 4 days before the meeting time (e.g., Friday for Wednesday), and send presentations at least 48 hours before the meeting (e.g., Monday for Wednesday). Early requests are greatly appreciated.

Please review the participation and patent slides before the meeting:

     IEEE 802 Participation

     https://standards.ieee.org/content/dam/ieee-standards/standards/web/documents/other/Participant-Behavior-Individual-Method.pdf

     Patent Slides for Standards Development Meetings

     http://www.ieee802.org/3/WG_tools/templates/policies_slides.pdf

Regards,

Chad Jones

Technical Leader, Cisco Systems