[802.3_SPMD] D0.3 comment discussion

During comment resolution for D0.3, we discussed a new definition in 1.4.50aa where the definition included a distance expressed as ‘TBDm reach’. Further we discussed if it was appropriate to have a reach in a definition but left it, inviting comments or discussion during D0.4 comment resolution. I’ve looked at the existing 802.3 definitions and I find a lot starting at 1.4.25 that include a reach. I paste some examples below. This is by no means the complete list. Based on this, it is appropriate for us to have a reach in our definition of 10BASET-T1M if we choose.

Regards,

Chad Jones

Technical Leader, Cisco Systems

Chair, IEEE P802.3cv Task Force