[802.3_SPMD] Off cycle interim meetings

All, those who attend both the DA and CG meetings last week may have heard an exchange between the two chairs (George and myself) about the scheduled Feb 8 meeting for P802.3da. I misunderstood George in the meeting and thought everything was OK. After the meetings, the two of us have further discussed this item. George REALLY needs the Feb 8 meeting date as the Feb 1 date (where he was supposed to have his off cycle interim) conflicts with TIA meetings. Additionally, I’m travelling that week of Feb 8 and it’s much easier for me to give the date up.

To further complicate things, I’ve just became aware of the SC 25 WG 3 meeting schedule and our scheduled March 1 meeting sits in the middle of this meeting. Those following the PDCC will know I’m in the delegation to SC 25. Result: I have conflicts with both scheduled DA meetings.

Therefore, I propose that I cancel both off cycle interims (on Feb 8 and Mar 1) and send out a new invite for 22 February. I’d really like to hear from the TF membership if I need to find a second day in between to maintain two meetings. Please speak up with your opinion by replying to the reflector. Thanks!

Regards,

Chad Jones

Principal Engineer, Cisco Systems

Chair, IEEE P802.3da Task Force