[STDS-802-3-BWA] Announcement - Forthcoming Bandwidth Data

Dear BWA Ad hoc Participants,

I am happy to announce that Euro-IX and some of its members have confirmed that they will provide data regarding their bandwidth needs for the BWA effort.  Some of you may recall Henk Steenman from AMS-IX, who previously participated in the HSSG effort in 2007.  Henk has agreed to participate in this exercise as have Arnold Nipper of DE-CIX , Stefan Wahl of ECIX, Serge Radovcic of Euro-IX, Katsuyasu Toyama of JPNAP, John Souter of LINX, Alexander Ilin of MSK-IX, and Kurtis Lindqvist of Netnod.  I would like to thank these individuals, as the success of this effort is dependent on obtaining such data.

There will be a conference call / webmeeting set up to support this meeting.  An exact date has not yet been set up, but it is assumed it will be in the fall.   I will forward the conference / web meeting information prior to the call.

Regards,

John D’Ambrosia

Chair, IEEE 802.3 Ethernet Bandwidth Assessment Ad Hoc