[802.3_NGEPON] Upcoming meeting in Beijing

Dear members of the IEEE 802.3 NG-EPON Industry Connections ad hoc committee,

Our next meeting will be held on Tuesday, March 18th in Beijing during the
IEEE 802 Plenary session. Logistical information can be found here:

http://802world.org/plenary/

At our last meeting, we determined that we need to solicit contributions on
the following topics:

Operator requirements
Tunable optical transceiver technology and relative cost trends
Outline of the report from the activity
FSAN & ITU-T activities
Fiber characteristics in the ODN
Energy efficiency
OFDM in optical domain

While we do not expect to receive material on all of these topics,
it would be very helpful if we can collect information on as many
of them as possible. If you can provide a presentation on any of
these topics, it will be warmly received, especially if you work with
individuals from other entities to produce a well-supported presentation.

A good approach would be to respond to this message with
something along the lines of "I plan to deliver a presentation on
topic X, and I would be happy to work with anyone else who is
also planning to do so." Note that I am already aware of two individuals
who have been volunteered to provide a proposed outline of the
report we must generate about our activity, and I am aware of
one individual who plans to present on Fiber characteristics in the ODN
and OFDM in the optical domain.

I look forward to seeing you in Beijing.

Howard Frazier
Broadcom Corporation
Chair, IEEE 802.3 NG-EPON Industry Connections ad hoc committee