Re: [802.3_NGEPON] Revised report available

Hi Hesham,

Good question.

Yes, in fact I believe Marek describes an E-Access service use case in his
document though he does not use the MEF language for such a thing.  The
Dedicated Internet use case described is essentially an E-Access circuit
which connects to a router; though many operators were provisioning such a
thing before the MEF language ever existed.  The E-Lines, E-LANs, and
E-Trees described can all be sub-divided where one or more segments of the
service are provided via an E-Access circuit to some kind of NNI to a
separate autonomous system where a separate operational party might manage
and provide the overarching service.  That service could be a MEF service
type or could be some other service type (i.e. L3VPN, etc.)

However my 2c is while there¹s value in describing use cases, there¹s
certainly a line between generalized use cases leveraging MEF verbiage and
a MEF CE2.0 service primer.  I would think we¹d want to stray to far into
the latter.

Regards,

Ed