[802.3_NGECDC] Beyond 400 GbE CFI Key Dates

All,

I spoke with David Law, our 802.3 WG Chair, today to determine the key dates related to the potential Beyond 400 GbE CFI.

Please note that per the IEEE 802.3 Operations Manual, the request to make a call for interest shall be made at least 35 days in advance of the start of the WG Plenary.  Mr. Law informed me that for the Nov Plenary, the 802.3 WG Opening Plenary will be Nov 9.

This means I need to submit the CFI Request by Oct 4.

Furthermore, I spoke with Mr. Law about the traditional CFI Consensus Call.  Given the limited amount of time during the Plenary week, the plan is to hold the CFI Consensus Call during an NEA teleconference on Thurs Oct 29 (10am to noon, ET).

To facilitate consensus building that will assist in the development of the actual  request for the call-for-interest, I am planning to request 3 NEA Ad hoc sessions on the following Mondays – 8/24, 9/14, and 9/28.  Each call will be planned for 10am to noon, ET).  Meeting invitations with access information will be sent out to the reflector shortly.

Regards,

John D’Ambrosia

Champion, Beyond 400 GbE CFI

Chair, IEEE 802.3 NEA Ad hoc