Subject: Re: [10GBASE-CX4] Working Paper Available on IEEE site
Date: Wed, 01 Jan 2003 17:44:43 -0800
From: "Chuck Harrison" <cfharr@erols.com>
To: hbaumer@broadcom.com

Hi, Howard,

I was wondering about the delay constraints on CX4 (clauses
44.3, 54.8) -- 512 BT round-trip.

If the propagation velocity of the cable is between 0.6 and 0.8 c,
then I compute the one-way delay for 15m as 625 to 834 Bit Times,
round-trip is double that. Am I missing something?

<HAB>
	The 512 BT came from the cut & paste of the similar section in Clause
53.  This number, at this time, is meant to solicit feedback for an
actual measured delay.  I haven't done this in our lab yet so thanks for
this first cut correction.
<HAB>

Also, do you think sec 54.8 needs a subsection about inter-channel
skew?

<HAB>
	Yes we do.  I'll put in a reference to Table 48-5 which is the
10GBASE-X PCS skew budget.
<HAB>

Cheers,
  Chuck Harrison