[10GBASE-CX4] 802.3ak Status Update

Hello Task Force Members,

The task force met this week in Ottawa for a very productive two day
session.

We went through the comments from our first recirculation ballot and have
closed all TRs from D5.1. We have two unresolved TRs from D5.0 but they
should be closed soon
as the commenter has not really had the opportunity to review our
implementation of the remedy. You can find the meeting minutes, and all
relevant information for our last
meeting at the following URL.

http://www.ieee802.org/3/ak/public/oct03/index.html

You can find the comments and our resolutions at the following URL.

http://www.ieee802.org/3/ak/public/comments/d51/index.html

And, you can find P802.3ak/D5.2 at the following secured URL. Username and
Password
are available only to active members of the Task Force who attend meetings.

http://www.ieee802.org/3/ak/private/drafts/d5.2/index.html

We are planning to re-circulate D5.2 immediately to the Sponsor Ballot Group
and intend to close ballot on the 5th of November.

We will be hold a tentative meeting in Albequerque at the IEEE 802.3 Plenary
on Thursday morning if necessary to address any
comments that may come in, but we are hoping and expecting this to be a
clean draft.

Thanks to all of you for your effort and diligence. I am amazed that we have
come this far, this fast, with such a high quality of work.

Thanks again to Petre Popescu and Quake Technology for hosting the meeting.

Best Regards,

Dan Dove
Chair, 802.3ak Task Force
Principal Engineer, LAN PHY Technology