[802.3_50G] 802.3cd final comment responses and next steps

Dear Colleagues,

The final P802.3cd D3.3 comment responses have been posted here:  http://www.ieee802.org/3/cd/comments/index.html

Thanks for all the work that went into addressing all the comments.  I believe we had good consensus on all the changes we made but believe we still have some work to do as a Task Force to close this all out.

To summarize the process steps first, we plan to recirculate the D3.4 and meet again in Sept interim to close any comments we get. My expectation is that any proposed changes will be refinements on the key changes we made this week.  I believe it is unlikely that we will see enough consensus shift to directionally change what we agreed upon this week.

We will plan to recirculate D3.5 right after September interim and then hold a contingent interim (via teleconf) to address any comments that we might receive – ideally none.  Assuming no changes made to D3.5 we’ll be done and can submit to RevCom.

What needs to be done between now and Sept interim

Of the changes made around the TDECQ/SECQ/SRS area, I believe there is need to confirm the changes we made to include the TDECQ-10log(Ceq) constraint (also known as the upper left constraint).  I’m making a call for participants to go back to their labs or analysis tools and do some more work to look at this area.  Specifically, we need to either:

  • Validate the impact of including the constraint
  • Verify the advantage gain by including the constraint

As a technical spec development group, we are always data driven so I’d like to encourage people to do any work they can and then utilize the reflector or ad hocs to share.  Kent has announced we have 3 ad hocs August 1, Aug 22, and Sept 5 and I’d like to make good use of those.

Regards,

Mark