[802.3_50G] Contingent Interim update - P802.3cd Task Force completes its work!

Dear colleagues,

We held the P802.3cd contingent Interim today to review and resolve the comments submitted against D3.5 in the latest Sponsor Ballot recirculation.

I’m pleased to announce that no changes were made to the draft as a consequence of the comment resolution and as such the Task Force’s work is complete and Draft 3.5 is the final version of the specification that will be submitted to RevCom for approval before next week’s deadline.

The webpages have been updated.

Meeting page including posted minutes:  http://www.ieee802.org/3/cd/public/Oct18/

Final comment responses including summary of unsatisfied comments: http://www.ieee802.org/3/cd/public/Oct18/

I’ll have time at an upcoming Working Group meeting once the standard is complete and published to offer my more formal thanks.  But in the meantime, I’d like to acknowledge and thank the wider team involved in getting this completed.

With such a large project (we had 21 objectives!) this can’t be accomplished without a team of active and engaged people.  Thanks to all the Task Force members who made presentations and proposals, reviewed drafts, submitted comments and generally made sure we were progressing forward all the time.

The editorial and review team deserves a huge acknowledgement and thanks.  I’ll figure the stats out later but this team worked through a massive amount of work, often under very tight time constraints and somehow managed to stay in good cheer (well, most of them!).  A big thanks to Adee Ran, Arthur Marris, Chris Diminico, Gary Nicholl, Jeff Slavick, Jonathan King, Peter Stassar and Mike Dudek!

Finally, without Matt Brown as our Chief Editor and Kent Lusted as our Recording Secretary and Ad hoc Chair, it would not have looked so smooth – these two make a fantastic team and I’m very lucky to have had them both on the project.

Congratulations to everyone and I’ll update as the approvals and publishing activities make progress.

Regards,

Mark

p.s. of course, the moment after I send this we’ll find something I missed and I’ll need to retract the “we’re done” statement but the thanks still hold regardless!