[STDS-802-3-NGBIDI] Updated agenda - new contribution

All,

The agenda for the 802.3cp meeting has been updated to include a new contribution that discusses one of the major items we need to address.

This is regarding the use of RS-FEC for 10GBASE-BR20 type PHYs.   This contribution goes over the issue and enumerates all the different ways it could be solved.  I hope that we can have some discussion on this issue on Monday, but we will hold any seeking of conclusions until Wednesday so that people have more time to consider it.

For that matter, if by the end of Wednesday we still don’t have an agreed direction, then we can call a special interim meeting on Oct 7 to handle those comments once more.  This will still enable us to get the recirc out on Oct 12, and we can make the November plenary meeting timeframe.  I’m saying this because the contribution was prepared late, and I apologize for that.

Sincerely,

Frank E.