Re: [802.3_DWDM] 13 Feb Interim Teleconference

Dear all,

As indicated in John’s email I plan to present 2 contributions during our teleconference this Thursday. These contributions are related to my comments against D1.1, I could unfortunately not present during the Geneva interim.

Please review the contributions and let me know if you have any questions or comments. It will be great if we could come to some agreements beforehand.

Just to stress some points:

-          The main changes I propose are:

o   Separate the lane ID from the alignment process. In the first (01) contribution I indicated the reasons and advantages for this change.

o   Make the SIGNAL OK parameter stable. This can be achieved in different ways described in the second (02) contribution.

o   Fix the SC-FEC deskew state diagram

-          I am aware that any change will require some editorial work. I am ready to help as much as I can to make these changes (if and when accepted by the group).

Regards,

Leon