Re: [802.3_100G-OPTX] 802.3cu - Results of offline comment resolution discussions

Mike, I see where you are coming from on this.  Let’s change those two to accept.

Get Outlook for iOS

From: Mike Dudek <mdudek@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, April 6, 2020 8:09:18 PM
To: David Lewis <David.Lewis@xxxxxxxxxxxx>; STDS-802-3-100G-OPTX@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <STDS-802-3-100G-OPTX@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Maniloff, Eric <emanilof@xxxxxxxxx>; 'Gary Nicholl (gnicholl)' <gnicholl@xxxxxxxxx>; 'Mark Nowell (mnowell)' <mnowell@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: 802.3cu - Results of offline comment resolution discussions

Unfortunately I see  the responses to comments 103 and 104 have problems.   I should have been more precise in my comment wording.   The max channel attenuation with maximum number of worse case allowed connectors is 2.6dB.    The suggested use of the 3.0dB would require further clarification about the numbers of connectors allowed and would not support the higher number of connectors.  The use of the 2.6dB is the conservative single number that works for all allowed connector combinations.   A table could be created (similar to table 140-12) but when writing the comment I didn’t think that complexity was worth it.