[802.3_100G-OPTX] P802.3cu meeting announcements

Dear Colleagues,

As announced by David Law, the 802.3 Task Forces will be holding their “Plenary” teleconference meetings during the two-week 802 Plenary period of Nov 9th-19th.

This email is the announcement for when the P802.3cu Task Force teleconference meetings will be for this next cycle. As a reminder, we have D3.1 out right now for IEEE-SA Ballot recirculation.  We won’t know until we see the comments come in, but we are hopeful that we’ve closed most of the issues and that we should have only minor clean-up to address.  I’m therefore going to announce 3 teleconference meetings and we will have to assess if we need them all or if we need more after we see the workload we have.  Given the high number of IEEE 802.3 meetings in those two weeks, I’ve tried to identify timeslots with limited overlap with related TF meetings.

Meeting will be held:

  • Monday Nov 9th @ 8:30 PT (after 802.3 WG opening)
  • Tuesday Nov 17th @ 7am PT
  • Tuesday Nov 24th @ 7am PT

Depending on how we progress, there is a chance that we will be requesting conditional approval to submit to RevCom at the Thurs Nov 19th 802.3 Working Group meeting.  I’ll discuss this more at our first meeting on the 9th but wanted to give everyone a heads-up here in case anyone has any questions.

If you wish to make a presentation to the first meeting in support of a submitted comment, please send me your presentation requests by Wed Nov 4th and send me the presentation by Friday Nov 6th.

Please note that all 802.3 teleconference meeting participants should review the following documents prior to participation in a meeting teleconference:

• IEEE SA patent policy

• IEEE SA Copyright Policy

• IEEE SA Participation Policy

All of these policies may be found at http://ieee802.org/3/policies.html.

As always, the call details will be available on the 802.3 Calendar or on our Task Force’s meeting page

Regards,  Mark