I would like to thank all the Task Force participants for their time and effort in bringing in contributions, reviewing drafts and submitting comments.  I would especially like to thank the team that I worked with closely on this project to bring it to this stage.  Ken Jackson did a great job as our Recording Secretary - invaluable help throughout!  And many thanks to the Gary Nicholl's Editorial Team of Dave Lewis and Mark Kimber. This group worked tirelessly throughout this project.  The editorial teams are the backbones of any 802.3 project, and it is a testament to their hard work that we didn't slip schedule even with all the disruptions caused by COVID-19!  This was Gary's first experience in the Chief Editor role, and it was highly successful.  Hopefully, it won't be his last.

All the best for the New Year!

Regards,  Mark

On 2020-12-21, 11:32 AM, "Law, David" <dlaw@xxxxxxx> wrote:

    Dear Colleagues,

    The 3rd Standards Association recirculation ballot on the amendment IEEE P802.3cu 100 Gb/s and 400 Gb/s over SMF at 100 Gb/s per Wavelength draft D3.3 closed successfully on 18th December 2020. The ballot exceeded the required 75% for consensus to approve the draft and no comments were received.

    Conditional approval to submit IEEE P802.3cu to IEEE-SA RevCom was granted at the November 2020 plenary session and IEEE P802.3cu was pre-submitted to the January 2021 IEEE-SA RevCom agenda before the 11th December 2020 submittal deadline. Based on the results of this recirculation ballot, IEEE P802.3cu D3.3 will remain on the January 2021 IEEE-SA RevCom agenda.

    The ballot statistics are:

     103 Voters
      86 Approve
       1 Disapprove
       3 Abstain
      90 Ballots returned

      87% Response Rate (>= 75% required)
       3% Abstain Rate (< 30% required)
      98% Approval Rate (>= 75% required)

    Thank you to all that participated in this ballot.

    David Law
    Chair, IEEE 802.3 Ethernet Working Group

    Mark Nowell
    Chair, IEEE P802.3cu 100 Gb/s and 400 Gb/s over SMF at 100 Gb/s per Wavelength Task Force