[802.3_100G-OPTX] P802.3cu Task Force work is complete! FW: [STDS-802-3] IEEE P802.3cu 100 Gb/s and 400 Gb/s over SMF at 100 Gb/s per Wavelength 3rd Standards Association recirculation ballot results
- To: STDS-802-3-100G-OPTX@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: [802.3_100G-OPTX] P802.3cu Task Force work is complete! FW: [STDS-802-3] IEEE P802.3cu 100 Gb/s and 400 Gb/s over SMF at 100 Gb/s per Wavelength 3rd Standards Association recirculation ballot results
- From: "Mark Nowell (mnowell)" <00000b59be7040a9-dmarc-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2020 03:06:32 +0000
- Accept-language: en-CA, en-US
- Arc-authentication-results: i=2; mx.google.com; dkim=pass firstname.lastname@example.org header.s=iport header.b=fXdrZzzw; dkim=pass email@example.com header.s=selector2-cisco-onmicrosoft-com header.b=Xwl+0uQo; arc=pass (i=1 spf=pass spfdomain=cisco.com dkim=pass dkdomain=cisco.com dmarc=pass fromdomain=cisco.com); spf=pass (google.com: domain of mnowell@xxxxxxxxx designates 220.127.116.11 as permitted sender) smtp.mailfrom=mnowell@xxxxxxxxx
- Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.microsoft.com 1; spf=pass smtp.mailfrom=cisco.com; dmarc=pass action=none header.from=cisco.com; dkim=pass header.d=cisco.com; arc=none
- Arc-message-signature: i=2; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=google.com; s=arc-20160816; h=mime-version:content-transfer-encoding:content-id:user-agent :content-language:accept-language:message-id:date:thread-index :thread-topic:subject:to:from:dkim-signature:ironport-phdr :dkim-signature; bh=OQvXEcMqeR0W/tHfvCVyvcYp+DWZ+Tj2yD7TAu0YCdQ=; b=S2hdG6bShPkBBklnRAZf2SmAphY9Hwt+zVVMaNJqy5qeDS3z9vnfDC+vM5k4Yv4D0N tYSIjet5wqcZ5eoxCIJqLYvkVnK//AZi5TAGYF1dOIXMvpBkfSJm/7OOfgamnIUwQ+6z vXdsRTNdyH/YToZlcHWDPqFUzv+1iLmHQh6z09YaL3Ar1SdI6r+L241SWeBIYmCyq7vy hY34e+BkBLRmiRUrm1HziRPsnQUHB8k87tyIW9viXDxsk837rECLRtMX7UUrm/CpSsv5 +jN1SPllhgO9L2bbGj0DfDQEmXEN7leRCsa01pfPWa9n3vZ67bqe+Q2Z7qZkgpOA1PE/ ckxA==
- Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=microsoft.com; s=arcselector9901; h=From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version:X-MS-Exchange-SenderADCheck; bh=OQvXEcMqeR0W/tHfvCVyvcYp+DWZ+Tj2yD7TAu0YCdQ=; b=VJZ3I9awfop7gbr6xEGv6fauToZ5KW5xEpRds3hs18P3zt1rQKY7Ce0atOgkDNKdmTgPwSwLM/MOMSh4+AHWJ0+3cooV7C+kKpbUvSv8dX+NBxKDfj5O44WxTNxx8M9CNn2Kd1jVg02AwLAcpGep4rLppoOKCKTNOgR7ALtqTXrxFcHLbdKLFv37XR0YXQOKj6a18UJwLn+3akq7jG7kibNDJjs68xSPmRMv/l2are3sbolKDD9hJb8+saEcna45Wn+O4++iVL03r2cmM9WfunjKAcnv6vL9g1rVOjahcMgIGxwwMlbNdismG4i5GWfY/4Oxj60hGp9egFsQl5p8GA==
- Arc-seal: i=2; a=rsa-sha256; t=1609211201; cv=pass; d=google.com; s=arc-20160816; b=UERCQukXE6eTGSiK4TFRVo76ip1LIU1uTdoeUqraXUCPQ1ZeqA2h+ZuDQoMDqdJuec 5n1+fF6Wd+R7OX+EtzVtidHkLllTSOgXtIzQOaXXIINFZz09ejuARG7+Zj60yPz92ZPm XXfTQy0ZECClH1bl5Xp8egJEcfjhLb7WTZP6ZdYjB6ZbblXkxvfOQPAl4+ymzkPpMCq6 oddJJR4tAE+O+ONe5Dm9tfELGhAs8L/tSfjluS8aqoOD1Oa7uHZC7qy2xEphXzzJlzVJ lFkna1+TlOh/dbShDJiP1uc+OiaD5zmfvWwbtRFCBp0WhrXxQr1nLWjZ7Bhwat6YGkQ7 07Kg==
- Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; s=arcselector9901; d=microsoft.com; cv=none; b=jgxURgqhIw6YZhhOICvu59E/fvCNWlWyYz+dXgaCsJEVYezZG9PsUilzwW2rqf0gkB8LRy5CI+PDYn+XjoaAAlUyB9Unu3leeOO54s1GyK9x/snvcHVRZ9jdalVXM4r0ndt1uzRtV841uxodnMHe+K+Xnq6sPDJWUZnKp5YEoj/pEBDZMNMNmqkq3dctUFyg7tQz3GBTVMFwuYG6QMkaXOMhwaRtmdQ7ngrsLqUn/mie3Sm08/0VaXbptRwyiMOoaezC8j7EQIZO+Ifg2EEj9WrmnTbVD++EF1nqzq0Ec6mIghiI3BGS0UYp5zG+zjvRbZrLRl8XFZhSE/1Fl7rGhQ==
- Delivered-to: mhonarc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Delivered-to: stds-802-3-100G-OPTX@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Ironport-phdr: 9a23:lnjM0RajVXlAQ7XAUxPelkD/LSx94ef9IxIV55w7irlHbqWk+dH4MVfC4el21QSTD4Ha8O5fhvDI9aHtVGFG5oyO4zgOc51JAhkCj8he3wktG9WMBkCzKvn2Jzc7E8JPWB4AnTm7PEFZFdy4awjUpXu/vjoTAQnkOBBrYOX4F4OUiN64hKi+/pTJaFBOgzywKbp5MBSxq1DXsc8b5OkqKqs4xhbT5HVSfOEDzmJzLlXVlBH5tco=
- List-help: <https://listserv.ieee.org/cgi-bin/wa?LIST=STDS-802-3-100G-OPTX>, <mailto:LISTSERV@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG?body=INFO%20STDS-802-3-100G-OPTX>
- List-owner: <mailto:STDS-802-3-100G-OPTX-request@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG>
- List-subscribe: <mailto:STDS-802-3-100G-OPTX-subscribe-request@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG>
- List-unsubscribe: <mailto:STDS-802-3-100G-OPTX-unsubscribe-request@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG>
- Reply-to: "Mark Nowell (mnowell)" <mnowell@xxxxxxxxx>
- Thread-index: AQHW3Y+cs6Rnr3wUO0qiyZAU/DdDfg==
- Thread-topic: P802.3cu Task Force work is complete! FW: [STDS-802-3] IEEE P802.3cu 100 Gb/s and 400 Gb/s over SMF at 100 Gb/s per Wavelength 3rd Standards Association recirculation ballot results
- User-agent: Microsoft-MacOutlook/16.44.20121301
I'm forwarding on David Law's email regarding the completion of our latest recirculation of D3.2 (There's a typo in David's message indicating it was D3.3).
As you can see, the recirculation closed with no new comments or disapprove votes and as such this means that the P802.3cu Task Force's work is now complete! The latest D3.2 draft is on the RevCom agenda for approval which is planned for Jan 26th.
Assuming all goes to plan, and it is approved, there will be some work with the IEEE editors before it gets published, but I will update everyone as that progresses.
I would like to thank all the Task Force participants for their time and effort in bringing in contributions, reviewing drafts and submitting comments. I would especially like to thank the team that I worked with closely on this project to bring it to this stage. Ken Jackson did a great job as our Recording Secretary - invaluable help throughout! And many thanks to the Gary Nicholl's Editorial Team of Dave Lewis and Mark Kimber. This group worked tirelessly throughout this project. The editorial teams are the backbones of any 802.3 project, and it is a testament to their hard work that we didn't slip schedule even with all the disruptions caused by COVID-19! This was Gary's first experience in the Chief Editor role, and it was highly successful. Hopefully, it won't be his last.
All the best for the New Year!
On 2020-12-21, 11:32 AM, "Law, David" <dlaw@xxxxxxx> wrote:
The 3rd Standards Association recirculation ballot on the amendment IEEE P802.3cu 100 Gb/s and 400 Gb/s over SMF at 100 Gb/s per Wavelength draft D3.3 closed successfully on 18th December 2020. The ballot exceeded the required 75% for consensus to approve the draft and no comments were received.
Conditional approval to submit IEEE P802.3cu to IEEE-SA RevCom was granted at the November 2020 plenary session and IEEE P802.3cu was pre-submitted to the January 2021 IEEE-SA RevCom agenda before the 11th December 2020 submittal deadline. Based on the results of this recirculation ballot, IEEE P802.3cu D3.3 will remain on the January 2021 IEEE-SA RevCom agenda.
The ballot statistics are:
90 Ballots returned
87% Response Rate (>= 75% required)
3% Abstain Rate (< 30% required)
98% Approval Rate (>= 75% required)
Thank you to all that participated in this ballot.
Chair, IEEE 802.3 Ethernet Working Group
Chair, IEEE P802.3cu 100 Gb/s and 400 Gb/s over SMF at 100 Gb/s per Wavelength Task Force
To unsubscribe from the STDS-802-3 list, click the following link: https://listserv.ieee.org/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=STDS-802-3&A=1
To unsubscribe from the STDS-802-3-100G-OPTX list, click the following link: https://listserv.ieee.org/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=STDS-802-3-100G-OPTX&A=1