[802.3_DIALOG] Proposal for ITU-T adoption of IEEE Std 802.3

Dear Colleagues,

As I announced at the March IEEE 802.3 Working Group opening plenary meeting, there is a proposal for ITU-T adoption of IEEE Std 802.3 <https://ieee802.org/3/minutes/mar24/0324_802_3_opening_plenary.pdf#page=34>. The proposal is to complement the existing ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 6 adoption of IEEE Std 802.3 under the ISO/IEEE PSDO agreement and would result in an ITU-T Recommendation X.nnn Standard for Ethernet that incorporated IEEE Std 802.3 by reference in whole.

This would potentially involve two contributions, an ITU-T A.1 justification for a new work item (NWI) and a draft of the ITU-T Recommendation, as well as a cover liaison letter from IEEE 802.3 supporting the proposal. As I also announced, I've formed an IEEE 802.3 ITU-T adoption Drafting Ad Hoc that will prepare drafts of these three documents for submission to the IEEE 802.3 Ethernet Working Group for consideration at our 16 May 2024 interim meeting. The current members of the Drafting Ad Hoc are me (chair), Tom Huber, Glenn Parsons, Jessy Rouyer and Jodi Haasz. The work of this ad hoc is starting, therefore, I wanted to make one last call for anybody else who wishes to join the Ad Hoc. If you do, please respond to this email before Tuesday 23 April 2024 23:59 AoE (UTC -12).

Thanks, and best regards,
  David