Thread Links Date Links
Thread Prev Thread Next Thread Index Date Prev Date Next Date Index

[802.3_DIALOG] David Ofelt



Dear Colleagues,

It is with deep sadness that I write to inform you that David Ofelt passed away on 20 September 2026.

David made many significant and lasting contributions to our industry through his work on IEEE standards and beyond. His impact on our community was considerable, and his humour, insight, knowledge, and friendship will be deeply missed.

I do not yet have information regarding funeral or memorial arrangements, but I will share details when they become available.

At the November plenary session, we will take time to remember David and celebrate his life and contributions. If you wish to share your own memories or thoughts of David, please do so on the IEEE 802.3 Working Group Dialog <stds-802-3-dialog@xxxxxxxx> reflector.

David

________________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe from the STDS-802-3-DIALOG list, click the following link: https://listserv.ieee.org/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=STDS-802-3-DIALOG&A=1