Re: [802.3af] My quest for low power PSEs continues

Geoff:

As recently as 1000BASE stuff we felt it was within our jurisdiction to
require labeling:

  40.8.2 Crossover function
    ... Additionally, the MDI connector for a PHY that
    implements the crossover function shall be marked
    with the graphical symbol X.  ...

I think we can still do it, 1000BASE is not ancient history.

Personally, I would not be adverse to leaving the specification of the
format of the power rating (amps & volts, watts, horses, etc.) open ended
so that vendors who need to label for regulatory requirements could just
say it once.  If you live in a location where no regulatory agency requires
power labelling, well then we would add the burden, but then your label
should be pretty much a wide open space anyways.

Mike

Geoff Thompson <gthompso@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> on 01/22/2003 04:33:53 PM

Sent by:  Geoff Thompson <gthompso@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>