Re: [802.3af] inadequate power PSEs

Hi

I am with Goeff on the plug and play issue if we open this up to labeling
then everyone will get 'creative' about going around the power supply issue
but not by doing the right design to account for power - but by shipping
1/2 the wattage needed and claiming compliance ....  Then again chances
are Mike will come up with argument that tempts me to reconsider.

to me that fact this is NOT too clear, and is debatable, proves that
the risk of it making a mess are great.... my 2c anyway....

also we run hard to 'graduate' and we seem to go back and open up subjects that
were sweated for months before.. just because we can not recall the details:
classification and class zero though not too sophisticated gave us a start
for hooks into the phy later, a back up plan for discovery that was plagued with
low current suseptibility to noise, and leackage of diodes and power FETs.
these were real concerns that we tackled for months.... I shall invite
Rick to refresh our memory ....

also we have increased the detection signature to a much wider value than
the one the hazard matrix was based on... so can we stop fixing 'unbroken things'
and move on....

at the end of the day, it may be hard to tell the exact right thing to do.
but the is what voting is for....
rk