From: owner-stds-802-sec@majordomo.ieee.org
[mailto:owner-stds-802-sec@majordomo.ieee.org]On Behalf Of Howard
Frazier
Sent: Wednesday, September 01, 1999 4:13 PM
To: stds-802-sec@ieee.org
Cc: j.rutigliano@ieee.org; g.kohn@ieee.org; s.tatiner@ieee.org;
c.k.berger@ieee.org; d.pribula@ieee.org
Subject: CD ROM Question

Dear SEC members,

At the July meeting, we approved the production of a new 802 standards
CDROM for distribution at the November meeting.  In order to have the
CDs ready for the meeting, I need the files by October 8th, to allow
time for mastering, duplication, and shipping to Hawaii.

According to the IEEE staff, the following new or revised standards will
be ready for inclusion on the CD (in addition to all of the older stuff,
of course):

802.1Q-1998
802.10a-1999
802.3ab-1999
8802-11: 1999

However, 802.5t and 802.11a&b probably won't be ready in time, though they
may be available in paper form for distribution at the November meeting.

Based on this information, shall we go ahead and cut the CD, or wait
until 802.5t and 802.11a&b are ready? I am not aware of any other 802
standards that are likely to be approved and ready for the CD before
the March 2000 meeting.

Please answer by stating "November 1999" or "March 2000". Please answer
by Friday, 9/3.

If the consensus is to stick with November, I will stick with November.
If the consensus is to delay until March, I will offer an SEC motion
by email ballot to formalize that decision.

Thank you,

Howard Frazier