Heads-up for plan to run approval scheme for FCC NPRM Comment filings

FOR COMMENT AND WARNING FOR A NEED FOR E-MAIL BALLOT.

Colleagues,

IEEE 802.11 is currently at its September interim meeting, here in Santa
Rosa, CA. It will review the attached documents for filing in response to
requests for comments from the FCC in the proceeding of NPRM OET Docket No.
99-231. Which propose changes in FCC Spread Spectrum rules.

The closing date for the filing is October 4th, 1999.

We plan to start on Friday, September 17, 1999, a combined E-MAIL VOTE in
802.11, and at the Executive Committee of 802, as well as a request for Dr.
Ned Sauthoff to approve and clear with the IEEE-USA.  At such time, the
comment documents will be delivered to the FCC processing center for the
NPRM.

This e-mail is a heads-up for the upcoming ballot. Comments are welcome. The
final 802.11 review is on Friday, September 17, 08:00 Pacific Daylight
Saving Time. However, the earlier we receive comments the better we are
prepared to incorporate your comment.

NOTE: due to the large file size, the attachments to the second letter have
been removed. If you want to review those, please visit our website at......
http://grouper.ieee.org/groups/802/11/Documents and follow the link to
"Proposed filing at FCC " at the bottom of the page. The Word files are also
available on the web site.

		Respectfully submitted
----------
Vic Hayes,
Chair, IEEE P802.11, Standards WG for Wireless Local Area Networks
Lucent Technologies Nederland B.V.
Zadelstede 1-10
3431 JZ  Nieuwegein
The Netherlands
voice phone number: +31 30 6097528 (Time Zone UTC+2)
fax phone number: +31 30 609 7556
e-mail: vichayes@lucent.com

 <<9209-part-1-8a-h-Reg-proposed-second-letter-99-231.pdf>>
<<92108a-h-Reg-proposed-third-letter-99-231.pdf>>