[802SEC] Notice of March 2020 plenary cancellation
- To: STDS-802-SEC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
- Subject: [802SEC] Notice of March 2020 plenary cancellation
- From: Paul Nikolich <paul.nikolich@ATT.NET>
- Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2020 21:02:20 +0000
- Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.google.com; dkim=pass email@example.com header.s=s1024 header.b=bD+oo8V0; spf=neutral (google.com: 184.108.40.206 is neither permitted nor denied by best guess record for domain of firstname.lastname@example.org) email@example.com
- Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=google.com; s=arc-20160816; h=references:mime-version:user-agent:reply-to:message-id:date:subject :to:from:dkim-signature; bh=vs6uUtGSuGjFeUK3tybR3ipbTDMP0znxCxm8q08/zTc=; b=OPIPbNUmdTnnULpACQp4KC1PzyZzb2q3QIjGgI6+jkQ7sJ0Df6Uds1s06H6ctxYBVI K2tZqcZFDdq+C7Ifo5ghiq8/DasZ9E9zw+pgKd5tea7F1/Hm6c/+gX1kAxHvXFPhKEZ1 KxUHPbFjbHQSNFPj8HG3rG645Co7kNnIN3Y4te+NYgsw0Tz/+xnklPOZlHkNXLuwOTBY GysUj19hXMrUT7Z5uIzj/HT1LbRfJOBd5B0KHMJLHrIu3QugkAbR72nK/2u80ZU0XOnS 6m2gH6UZupamxukxfzninqVwigZ2XZrjYO3aygUvjiDTauuB7n/4rywB2jPnKvJiRwtz jWuQ==
- Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; t=1583442148; cv=none; d=google.com; s=arc-20160816; b=KE1nnZ8tT7xa5gUvIWZEgj4IWV1zwI/Rq+AYNwYfxuS5BndRng07P/6HV0bcn6n7g0 kN8TI6AcRiOZiIyRpNFkA1g6ispmnqnvWH+r0cfOkFvsqsvIvU/3eMP9SwoI2sRc2xNk MYoQSug+1MHge0KhntuESgY3VHG8SICXGj2yo8xFN4zFrzfcjCwL3+c4ea0CIs4BAgiH +x13O/vFkBczR2tdlj7zYEDSeQ5Aa1V3uMdMxSDFFkwCHtLsEg4zKymbyWDVgiETpgIS Rtjf0d/YifI7s/lby59LSCZtsIYlJgitFpR8oBKqU9LzIDP79D+iS0+MzKmbSZ0DdaVN CQQg==
- Delivered-to: mhonarc@GROUPER.IEEE.ORG
- Dkim-filter: OpenDKIM Filter v2.11.0 emlpav01.ieee.org 025L2nlp028924
- List-help: <https://listserv.ieee.org/cgi-bin/wa?LIST=STDS-802-SEC>, <mailto:LISTSERV@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG?body=INFO%20STDS-802-SEC>
- List-owner: <mailto:STDS-802-SEC-request@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG>
- List-subscribe: <mailto:STDS-802-SEC-subscribe-request@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG>
- List-unsubscribe: <mailto:STDS-802-SEC-unsubscribe-request@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG>
- References: <em22fefec1-0941-4387-86a7-0d9b7d5fd6a6.ref@laptop-5pjqb9o6>
- Reply-to: Paul Nikolich <paul.nikolich@ATT.NET>
- Sender: ***** IEEE 802 Executive Committee List ***** <STDS-802-SEC@ieee.org>
- User-agent: eM_Client/7.2.37929.0
Dear EC Members.
Please share the below notice of cancellation with your WG/TAG participants. JohnD is working on putting it into the ieee802.org web page as I type.
IEEE 802 and its family of 802 networking standards have paved the way for global connectivity. For 40 years the face-to-face engagement of the 802 community at our plenary meetings has enabled innovation for the future.
With due regard to the health and safety of our volunteers in the 802 community and in light of the growing global concern regarding COVID-19, on 5 March the LMSC made the difficult decision to cancel the IEEE 802 Plenary Session previously scheduled for 15-20 March in Atlanta. This decision recognizes that government and company travel restrictions now make it impossible for the LMSC to hold a successful face-to-face plenary with all constituents of the 802 community fairly represented.
Please expect information from staff of Face To Face Events regarding arrangements for a full refund of your registration fees.
You are responsible to cancel your hotel reservations. Details for cancelling your Hilton Atlanta reservation will be provided directly via email on Monday the 9th; please wait until you receive those instructions before you cancel.
We recognize that the timing of this decision has significantly inconvenienced many of you. However, this decision was made out of deep concern for the health and well-being of our volunteers, staff, vendors, and the Atlanta community.
IEEE 802 LMSC Executive Committee
To unsubscribe from the STDS-802-SEC list, click the following link: https://listserv.ieee.org/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=STDS-802-SEC&A=1