From: ***** IEEE 802 Executive Committee List ***** <STDS-802-SEC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG> On Behalf Of John D'Ambrosia
Sent: Wednesday, 18 March 2020 8:11 AM
To: STDS-802-SEC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: [802SEC] FW: CLARIFICATION Re: IEEE Message on Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Dear EC Participants

Forwarding the email below in case you did not receive it.

Please note the following –

We request that all members avoid conducting in-person IEEE activities in areas impacted by the coronavirus threat and instead maximize the use of our online and virtual alternatives. IEEE provides many tools to support our membership with virtual engagement, including our online collaboration space IEEE Collabratec.

IEEE standards development also continues, using online collaboration to replace in-person working groups.

It looks like IEEE is shifting away from F2F meetings.

Working with David Law, we are requesting an agenda item for Friday’s meeting – “Contingency Planning for Potential Long Term Delay for F2F meetings”

If you have any thoughts to add to a list of issues we need to consider please forward.

Thanks

John D’Ambrosia