Re: [802SEC] Fwd: Webex meeting changed: 802 Seat 1 - Ad-hoc on Rule Changes

Joseph-

I assert that there are no actions of the EC that are so urgent (with possible exception of radio regulatory filings) that completing them precludes a consensus decision according to our rules.  IF the Chair is in the presence (virtual or real) of a quorum of the EC voting members THEN the decision whether or not to suspend the rules belongs to the body, not the Chair.  The Chair does not have the ability "to dismiss parliament" because the body of the EC doesn't agree with him or among themselves. If the EC has lost quorum then the in-meeting rules don't apply

Nothing we do is so time sensitive that schedule overrides consensus.  That is the underlying principle of standards.

Geoff