IEEE 802.11 WLAN WORKING GROUP SESSIONS
All interested parties are welcome to attend our open Public meetings of the IEEE 802.11 Working Group, you do not have to be an IEEE member to attend. There is a registration fee, to defray the cost of the session. At Plenary sessions these are administered by the IEEE 802 LMSC organization. Interim sessions are administered by the IEEE 802.11/15 Working Groups. This is in-addition to your individual hotel accommodation, and travel expenses. Click here to view an Example Plenary and Interim Session Agenda, or review the latest Combined Tentative Agenda for the next IEEE 802.11 WG Session below.
|For Year 2017||Session||Type|
|September 10-15|| Hilton Waikoloa Village, Kona, HI, USA
Event Registration and Information
Event Registration Fees & Deadlines
Early: Before 6:00 PM Pacific Time, Friday, July 28, 2017
* $US 650.00 for attendees staying at the Hilton Waikoloa (3 Night Minimum)
* $US 950.00 for all others (including local attendees not staying at the group hotel)
Standard: Before 6:00 PM Pacific Time, Friday September 1, 2017
* $US 850.00 for attendees staying at the Hilton Waikoloa (3 Night Minimum)
* $US 1150.00 for all others (including local attendees not staying at the group hotel)
Late/On-site: After 6:00 PM Pacific Time Friday, September 1, 2017
* $US 1050.00 for attendees staying at the Hilton Waikoloa (3 Night Minimum)
* $US 1350.00 for all others (including local attendees not staying at the group hotel)
Student Registration: $US 150.00 (college students bachelor or post-graduate level)
* The Student meeting fee is available only one time per person.
* The person using the Student meeting fee will not be able to use meeting attendance to gain or maintain voting rights.
* A valid current student ID must be shown when picking up the meeting badge.
IEEE 802 Interim Session Group Hotel Rates
Hilton Waikoloa Village
69-425 Beach Drive
Waikoloa, Hawaii, USA, 96738
Tel: +1 (808) 886-1234
IEEE 802 RATE
$US 175.00/Night (plus applicable taxes)*
* Remainder of the Room Block or
* 6:00 PM Hawaii Time, Friday August 11, 2017.
Single/Double Occupancy Run of House Rooms, Internet access included.
$US 20.00/Night (plus applicable taxes)
Per Night Rate applies to Extra Adults (>2).
*SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY: *Rates subject to the deadline and availability of rooms in the IEEE 802 Group Room Block.
ROOM BLOCK DEADLINE:
If the block is sold out before 6:00 PM Hawaii Time on August 11, 2017 IEEE 802 Wireless Group Rates may no longer be available.
HOTEL CANCELLATION POLICY:
No Penalty if cancelled by 6:00 PM Hawaii Time on the day before anticipated date of arrival.
|November 5-10||Caribe Hotel and Convention Center, Orlando, FL, USA||166||Plenary|
|For Year 2018||Session||Type|
|January 14-19||Hotel Irvine, Irvine, CA, USA||167||Interim*|
|March 4-9||Hyatt Regency O'Hare, Rosemont, Illinois, USA||168||Plenary|
| May 6-11
||Mariott Hotel, Warsaw, Poland
|July 8-13||Manchester Grand Hyatt, San Diego, CA, USA||170||Plenary|
|September 9-14||Hilton Waikoloa Village, Kona, HI, USA||171||Interim*|
|November 11-16||Marriott Marquis Queen's Park, Bangkok, Thailand||172||Plenary|
|For Year 2019||Session||Type|
|March 10-15||Hyatt Regency Vancouver and Fairmont Hotel Vancouver, Vancouver, Canada
|May||USA location (TBC)
|July 14-19||Austria Congress Centre, Vienna, Austria
|September||Asia location - possibly Hanoi, Bangkok or Shanghai (TBD)
|November 10-15||Hilton Waikoloa Village, Kona, HI, USA||178||Plenary|
* Denotes - The IEEE 802.11 Working Group for Wireless Area Networks (WLANs) session is co-located with the IEEE 802.15 Working Group for Wireless Personal Area Networks (WPANs), IEEE 802.18 Technical Advisory Group for Radio Regulatory (R-REG), IEEE 802.19 Technical Advisory Group for Wireless Coexistence (COEX), IEEE 802.20 Working Group for Mobile Broadband Wireless Access (MBWA), IEEE 802.21 Working Group for Media Independent Handover Interoperability (MIHI), and IEEE 802.22 Working Group for Wireless Regional Area Networks (WRAN) sessions. A joint opening session with the five Working Groups and both the Technical Advisory Groups is normally carried out, at all Interim sessions.
GENERAL SESSION INFORMATION
This page is maintained by Adrian Stephens. Comments are welcome.