发件人: *** 802.11 TGax - HEW - High Efficiency WLAN *** [mailto:STDS-802-11-TGAX@xxxxxxxx] 代表 Edward Au
发送时间: 2018年9月27日 9:22
收件人: STDS-802-11-TGAX@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
主题: [STDS-802-11-TGAX] Transport between Hong Kong Airport and the 802.11ax ad-hoc meeting hotel in Shenzhen

Hi Huizhao,

There are a few options for you to travel between Hong Kong International Airport and the hotel.

[1]  By ferry
- For UA869 (I assume you take UA), it is usually landed in HKG at around 7:05pm local time in one of the gates (44~46 or 61~69), which is connected to the arrival hall by a connecting light rail.
- Once you depart the plane, please follow the sign post to go to the customs and immigration.  Important:  I do not mean to ask you to clear customs in Hong Kong, but it is just a convenience sign post for you to follow.
- If you land in either of the gates I mention above, you need to go down by escalator, then take a light rail, and go up by escalator.
Then you will see a duty free shop, a series of customs counter, and a signpost that you are now in zone E1 for ferry transfer (if you can't
find it, ask the staff in duty fee or the security staff).   For your
reference:  here is the map
http://www.hongkongairport.com/leaflet/skypier.pdf
- There are 4 ferries departing to Shenzhen Shekou after 7:00pm local time, namely 7:30pm, 8:30pm, 9:20pm and 9:45pm.
(a)  If you have hand-carry only, i.e., there is no checked bag, and if you can arrive in the ticket purchasing office at least 30 minutes before the departure, then you can take the ferry without waiting for the transfer of your checked baggage from the aircraft to the ferry.
For example, if your flight lands at 7:35pm, it takes about 10-20 minutes to walk from your gate to E1 (depending on where you seat in the airplane!), then you probably arrive at the ticket purchasing
office at around 7:55pm.   Since you have no checked baggage, the
staff will allow you to purchase a ticket for the ferry departing at 8:30pm.
(b)  If you have checked bag(s), however, the staff will tell you that there is at least a 60~75 minutes waiting time for your baggage to
transfer from your airplane to the ferry.   Therefore, following the
example above, even you arrive at the ticket purchasing office at around 7:55pm, you are not allowed to purchase a ticket for the ferry departing at 8:30pm because it will take 60~75 minutes to load your checked bags to the ferry.  The staff will tell you to buy either the 9:20pm ticket or the 9:45pm ticket, and you need to wait in the waiting area.
(c)  For both (a) and (b), you do not need to clear Hong Kong customs
and pick up any bag in the baggage claim.   Therefore, you are not
required to fill in the immigration form if a crew of UA869 gives you one.  It is because you are stayed in security areas of the Hong Kong International Airport.
- Once you land in Shenzhen Shekou,  you then go straight for China
immigration if you do not have any checked bags.   if you have any
checked bags, please stay in the area immediately outside of the ferry
and the staff will unload them in this open area.   Please remember to
ask the ferry crew to give you a China custom immigration form.
- Once you clear your custom, follow the signpost to find taxi, which is in the lower level.  Note that the Shenzhen government has moved the terminal to a new one and therefore, the taxi stand is now in a lower level.

[2]  If your flight is delayed and landed in HK after 9pm.
- In case your flight is unfortunately delayed so much that you arrive
after 9pm local time, you may not be able to catch up the ferry.   In
this case, please clear Hong Kong customs and immigration.
- Once you are in the arrival hall, follow the signpost for taxi.  In Hong Kong, you know that there are 3 colors of taxis:  red, green and blue.  Choose the green one.
- Ask the driver to go to Huanggang border.   The fee is about
HKD$300~HKD$320, and you need to pay by cash.
-  Once you get off your taxi, go inside a bus terminal and take a short (yellow) bus ride to the immigration area.  The bus fee is about
HKD$10 and you can pay by cash or octopus card (transport card in Hong Kong).  Keep the bus ticket 'cause you need it for the Shenzhen border side.
- Once your bus arrives in the Hong Kong immigration area, clear the Hong Kong customs, and then follow the signpost to go outside and find the yellow bus again.  Ask the Hong Kong Immigration officer (next to the bag screening machine) if it is the first time you arrive in this border.  They are usually nice to point to you where the yellow bus is.  It is in the far end (corner) of the bus stand.
- Give the ticket to the staff and board the yellow bus again.
- The bus will take you to the Shenzhen immigration border.   Clear the custom.
- Once your clear the custom, go up the bridge and you can find two taxi stands at the left (below the bridge), and a bus stop at the
right (below the bridge).   Go down the bridge to catch the taxi.

[3] By mainland coaches
- In case your flight is unfortunately delayed so much that you arrive
after 9pm local time, you may not be able to catch up the ferry.   In
this case, please clear Hong Kong customs and immigration.
- Once you are in the arrival hall, follow the signpost to go to Terminal 2.
- In Terminal 2, turn left and find the Eternal East company.  Tell
the staff you want to get one seat of the 7-passenger coach.   It
costs between HKD$150 - HKD$200, and credit card is accepted.
(a)  If your destination is Shenzhen Bay border, you will clear both
Hong Kong and China customs inside your coach.   That is, you do not
need to get off your coach to clear immigration.
(b)  If your destination is Huanggang border, you will clear Hong Kong customs inside your coach.  Then the driver will ask all of you to get off prior to the China customs.  Then you need to queue by yourself to clear China customs.
-  Take the taxi to your hotel.

Hope it helps

Regards,
Edward