From: *** 802.11 TGax - HEW - High Efficiency WLAN *** <STDS-802-11-TGAX@xxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of Stacey, Robert
Sent: Wednesday, October 24, 2018 7:37 AM
To: STDS-802-11-TGAX@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [STDS-802-11-TGAX] Unassigned Comments

Hello Zhou,

I have assigned you: 16605,  15679,  15718

The 3 were previously assigned.

comments

CID

LB

Commenter(E)

Vote

Type of Comment T/E(C)

Page

Clause

Duplicate of CID

Resn Status

Comment

Proposed Change

Resolution

Owning Ad-hoc

Comment Group

Ad-hoc Status

Ad-hoc Notes

Assignee

16921

233.00

Tomoko Adachi

277.55

27.5.1.1

"An AP shall not transmit an HE MU PPDU of DL MU-MIMO within OFDMA allocated in an RU that is addressed to a STA unless the AP has received from the STA ..." Here, "a STA" should be "STAs", as multiple STAs are always transmitted in DL MU-MIMO within OFDMA. If it is to a single STA, then it don't have to be in DL MU-MIMO...

Change it to read "An AP shall not transmit an HE MU PPDU of DL MU-MIMO within OFDMA allocated in an RU that is addressed to STAs unless the AP has received from each of the STAs ...".

EDITOR

Tomoko Adachi

16605

233.00

Pooya Monajemi

278.20

27.5.1.1

This language belongs to a PHY section

Move to clause 28

EDITOR

Zhou Lan

16128

233.00

Mark RISON

278.24

27.5.1.2

"If an RU is intended for an AP, then the STA_ID_LIST contains only one element that is set to the 11 LSBs of the AID of the non-AP STA transmitting the PPDU." contradicts other statements like "Each element of the TXVECTOR parameter STA_ID_LIST identifies the STA or group of STAs that is the recipient of an RU in the HE MU PPDU." in 27.11.1 and "for an HE MU PPDU and indicates the STA or group of STAs that is the recipient of an RU" in 8.3.5.2.2 and " The STA-ID field in each User field indicates the intended recipient user of the corresponding spatial streams and the RU." in 28.3.2.5

Add caveats of the form "except when sent to an AP" to the referenced locations. Also add text in 27.5.1.2 to describe the setting ot the STA-ID field from a non-AP STA

MU

MU operation

Abhishek Patil

15944

233.00

Mark Hamilton

278.35

27.5.1.2

A receiving non-AP STA can't possibly know what the AP set in its TXVECTOR parameter to its PHY.

Change the wording to reference over-the-air signalling that the non-AP STA can receive, that gives it this indication. Same in the next sentence.

MU

MU operation

Abhishek Patil

15679

233.00

Huizhao Wang

278.51

27.5.1.3

Many restrictions in the text to restrict 26-tone RU use cases in 5G. For example: must satisfy N * 4 * 26-tone for the entire PPDU; at least 2x26-tones has to be modulated for each 20MHs subchannel. Instead of adding these restrictions, propose to eliminate 20-tone RU for 5G, restrict it to be used in 2.4G only.

as specified in Comment

EDITOR

Zhou Lan

15718