[STDS-802-11-TGAX] 答复: [STDS-802-11-TGAX] Allowed puncturing patterns

Hi Mark and all,

Thanks for bringing the updated proposal.

I have the following high level comments:

1.       The first comment is related with previous SP3 (9/5/15). From implementation point of view, there is no reasoning to restrict for case 7, there must exist one punctured subchannel in P80. What’s the technical problem if the P80 is not punctured? The Tx only needs to ensure the Rx can find one CC1 and one CC2 in HE-SIG-B. In other words, if p80 is empty, the Tx needs to puncture one subchannel and lose 1/(5~8) Tput efficiency, just to meet the making-no-sense requirement?

2.       The second comment is related with SP4 (19/5/8). The puncture pattern in 11be is not finalized. I see people also show interests in 1xx1 pattern in P80 in 11be. Contributions in 20-129r0 shows a very good example on the Tput loss when a less flexible preamble puncture is supported. I hear Youhan also says he is ok to not make any changes regarding the stage of 11ax spec. I share similar opinion on that. So I prefer to not make changes regarding the puncture pattern at this stage. Maybe adjust the spectrum mask or regulatory rule is a good choice.

3.       Last but not least, I also have concern that currently few PHY people join the call, it is a risky we make big technical changes regarding preamble puncture.

I will join Thur call, we may further discuss it during the call.

regards

于健 Ross Yu

Huawei Technologies