Re: [STDS-802-11-TGAX] Discussion on MU cascading sequence on Sept 3 call

Hello Ming,

Thanks for checking.

The summary is as follows:

My position is to

-      change the first sentence in 26.5.3 MU cascading sequence to An MU cascading sequence is a frame exchange sequence between an AP and one or more non-AP STAs in which the AP, within a single PPDU, acknowledges one or more frames from a STA, and triggers the STA for a further UL transmission.",

-      add a sentence, “The MU cascading sequence may include one or more QoS Data frames with ack policy HTPE Ack and/or Management frame soliciting acknowledgement together with a triggering frame.”, at the beginning of the paragraph that starts with “The MU cascading sequence may have a different set of transmitters in HE TB PPDUs …” in 26.5.3, and

-      delete “The A-MPDU may contain other MPDUs, subject to the rules in 26.6 (A-MPDU operation in an HE PPDU).” in 26.5.3.  ß I am open with this.

Mark’s position is to

-      change the first sentence in 26.5.3 MU cascading sequence to An MU cascading sequence is a frame exchange sequence between an AP and one or more non-AP STAs in which the AP, within a single PPDU, acknowledges one or more frames from a STA, and triggers the STA for a further UL transmission.",

-      add “NOTE—An A-MPDU sent by an AP in an MU cascading sequence typically includes, in addition to the acknowledgement and triggering frames, one or more QoS Data frames with ack policy HETP Ack and/or a Management frame soliciting acknowledgement, subject to the rules in 26.6.” (probably between the last 3rd and 2nd paragraph) in 26.5.3, and

-      delete “The A-MPDU may contain other MPDUs, subject to the rules in 26.6 (A-MPDU operation in an HE PPDU).” in 26.5.3.

Best regards

tomo