Re: [STDS-802-11-TGBA] Updated tentative agenda for TGba CRC call on [May 4th, Monday, 23:00 ET, 2 hours]

Hi Rojan,
Related to the discussion on CID 7063 that we had today, here is what REVmd D3.2 (on P2630L46) says:

(#1345)Management frame protection cannot be applied until the PTK and IGTK has been established with the
STA. A STA shall not transmit robust Action frames until it has installed the PTK for the peer STA, or in the
case of group addressed frames, has installed the IGTK. The STA shall discard any robust Action frames
received before the PTK and IGTK are installed.

I think determining exactly when a peer has installed a shared key is a trivial issue that should be dealt with by implementation. The sequence of the 4-way handshake defined in the standard has provided sufficient details to guide the implementation.

Having said that, I am also fine with the revised text that we came up with today for CID 7063, because I would not expect any WUR AP will transmit a Wake-up frame between msg 3 and msg 4 during the 4-way handshake.

Thanks,
Yunsong Yang