[STDS-802-11-TGBE] Discussion on 834r6 Tentative (Re)Association under MLD framework

Hi yonggang, George, Po-kai and all,

This is to initiate an email discussion on my presentation 0834r6 Tentative (Re)Association under MLD framework. Maybe I didn’t get your point during the call, we can continue discussion through email.

As a summary, this contribution proposes to allow multi-radio non-AP MLD to do the tentative association. For the tentative association, non-AP MLD will send a frame to trigger AP MLD sending DS-STA-Notify.request primitive to DS to update the STA-AP routing info.

l  This is very useful for roaming. Because this can reduce the delay of data delivery introduced by time-sensitive TS setup and BA agreement setup. Thus multiple-radio non-AP MLD can directly transmit data through multiple links with new AP MLD by using BA manner.

l  Another benefit is that multiple-radio non-AP MLD can decide the most appropriate time point to switch the data delivery from the old AP MLD to the most appropriate candidate AP MLD

If you have any comments/questions, please feel free to let me know.

Thanks,

Guogang Huang