From: G Smith <gsmith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, April 18, 2024 9:01 AM
To: Yongsen Ma <yongsen.ma@xxxxxxxxxxx>; STDS-802-11-TGM@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: About 802.11az section 6.3.5 and 6.3.56 in 802.11REVme D5.0

Hi Yongsen,

802.11me D 5.0 has changed the make up of Section 6.  In place of detailed MLME SAP primitives we now have a Table 6-1 in Clause 6.4  which lists them together with the Type (as defined in Clause 6.3) and references.

In section 6.5 we do have several MLME SAP primitives in their full detail.

The intro to 6.5 describes when the full details are included>

“MLME SAP primitives are detailed in this clause when they do not directly correspond to frame exchanges described in subsequent clauses, where the primitive parameters differ significantly from the fields in the respective frames, or when the primitives might (M118)be clear from the descriptions in those clauses”

Also note the intro to 6.3 which says “These services are described in an abstract way” hence it is discouraged from putting normative stuff here that is not described in main text.

Therefore, when looking at the 11az Clause 6 we need to assess if addition to the Table 6-1 is sufficient.

Please look at 23/2077 for the proposed changes to clause 6 in 11ax Draft so that the editors could incorporate them into 11me.

Graham