Re: [STDS-802-11] 答复: [STDS-802-11] Candidate SFD text contributions for inclusion to TGbe SFD: LIST OF MOTIONS FOR SEPTEMBER 03

Hi Ross,

Indeed this is a repeat of the previous discussion.  We have reviewed your designs but feel that they require more complex receivers which unfortunately adds to the fact that decoding the preamble through USIG/ESIG is already the most complex part of the design in our minds (so not the right place to add complexity).

Really as you said in your method(s) the Rx needs to decode ALL the RU fields in both CC and add more complex logic to infer the M-RU exact location (where the hole is). If we add more M-RU (2 holes) in rel. 2 I’m not even sure what the impact on that logic will be.

In our proposal the hole, or exact location of M-RU is explicitly signaledà hence 9 bits but simpler receiver. However the enumaration proposed is logical and makes for a simple decoder that can be based on reading on RU table in one CC.

Furthermore, in our view adding more complexity is OK if we add new features, but what are we getting from squeezing 9 bits into 8 bits? We have looked at the overhead for 320MHz with ESIG at MCS0 (worst case), there are very few cases of # of users per CC where those extra 8 bits per CC cause the ESIG field to increase by one 4uS symbol (borderline cases). And what counts is ESIG total  duration. iWe think it’s not worth it for the added complexity.

So my suggestion is that we go with a simple approach that rarely costs us anything and move on to finalize the RU table.

Thanks much,

Ron