Re: [STDS-802-11] WUR MC-OOK Discussion continued

Mike,

                Thanks for the email.  Here are my thoughts on what the task group needs to do on this topic.

At the March IEEE meeting there was reasonably strong support (15/8/4) for the straw poll stating, “Should the specification use distinct terms for the implementation technique and for the over-the-air waveform?”

I believe the intent of that straw poll was to use the term “MC-OOK” for the implementation technique and the term “WUR-OOK” for the over-the-air waveform.

I believe the amendment currently specifies MC-OOK.  So, I believe the challenge now is to specify WUR-OOK.  One suggestion I heard (from Sean) is that WUR-OOK is specified by all the relevant shall statements currently in the amendment, like the spectral flatness, the correlation test, etc.

So far that is the only proposal I have hear for specifying WUR-OOK.   So, I think we need to consider that proposal and if other proposals are brought forth, we can consider those proposals also.

Specifying WUR-OOK seems to be the task that needs to be completed.

Regards,

Steve